International cooperation is one of the most priority directions of activity of Dnipropetrovsk State University of Internal Affairs which aims at the establishment, development and practical implementation of international contacts results with police agencies and educational institutions of foreign countries in the sphere of training specialists for the law enforcement agencies. International cooperation of the University started in 1998 when it acquired status of higher educational establishment.
There is the International Relations Department in the structure of the University. It coordinates international cooperation with universities, research institutions, law enforcement agencies of foreign states, international organizations and non-governmental organizations. The purpose of the cooperation is to implement the experience of foreign countries in training police personnel and provide them with scientific and methodological support for their future professional activity.
The main objectives of the Department are:
– To organize and participate in the formation of the main directions of international cooperation of the University according to the present-day state policy of developing international relations;
– To implement general monitoring of international activity of MIA agencies;
– To search and expend international contacts (required for developing academic and research work of the University);
– To organize and coordinate international cooperation with educational institutions, scientific establishments and law enforcement agencies of foreign countries;
– To develop programs of long-term international cooperation of the University;
– To coordinate participating of the University’s structural units in developing common research with foreign and international organizations;
– To implement information analytics and spread positive experience in education and research;
– To draft agreements and programs of cooperation with foreign universities and foundations.
Dnipropetrovsk State University of Internal Affairs has established contacts with:
– Southern Utah University (Utah, United States of America);
– Broward College (Florida, United States of America);
– “Vasil Lascar” Police Agents School (Campina, Romania);
– Academy “Stefan cel Mare” (the Republic of Moldova);
– The Jan Kochanowski University (JKU) in Kielce (Poland);
– University of Occupational Safety Management in Katowice (Poland);
– European Union Consultation Mission in Ukraine;
– OSCE Delegation in Ukraine; Center for International Legal Studies (Salzburg, Austria).
Development of international cooperation is important for both the University and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, since it facilitates the European integration process.
Chief of the International Relation Department Lech Krizhanovski.
Tel. +38 0562 31 72 77
Referent interpreter of the International Relation Department Alexander Svynarenko.
Tel. +38 0562 31 7277